Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The not so frequent update

I suppose a blog is only good if it is updated on a regular basis.... Therefore, I have made it my goal to update weekly. Maybe I can make Wednesday morning nap time, my blog time...

This week has been beautiful. Were talking shorts and tank tops, go to the park, stay outside all day kind of beautiful. The boys are just lovin it too! We have spent all of the last 2 days outside. Today isn't as nice, so I don't think we'll be out as much today, but maybe a little bit. I have a lot to get accomplished today, so we'll see what time permits and how well behaved the oldest of my children is.

We have received orders to Pt. Mugu, California. Jamie will reenlist in May, and we will transfer August 1. We are so excited about moving to california we can hardly stand it... August can't come soon enough! At this point, we will only be there 3 years, and then its on to bigger and better things- those bigger and better things shall be disclosed at a later date as NOTHING is ever "set in stone" with the military. ESPECIALLY when its a few years away. I have said it from the beginning, but Jamie has started to realize and come to terms with it... We are lifers. Of course, you all know MY opinion about that, and Jamie too is in agreement that we can't argue with what God has told us to do.

The boys are growing up so fast, Eli is talking so much better. Course, Im mama, so i've never had that much trouble understanding him, but everyone else can understand him too! YAY! He is a great help, cleaning up his toys, helpin mama with dishes and vacuuming and of course with his brother. The boys are great friends and while they do get on each others nerves, they really don't fight too much-not with each other anyways. They tend to gang up on me and become terrors, but hey, they're boys! Ayden is now potty training... Yep, thats right, my 18 month old BOY is potty training. Im not pushing it, but he wants to, so i am certainly encouraging it... he tells me when he has to go, and he doesn't always go, but he certainly tries! if he keeps this up, im hoping we'll have 2 boys potty trained by the time we transfer. Ayden talks in sentences now, my favorite is "i love you too" its just so cute!!! I can't believe how fast he's turned into a little boy.... I remember bringing him home from the hospital and Eli being infatuated with him.... and now... they're partners in crime! My mom always told me to enjoy them while they're young because i'll blink and they'll be married and having their own babies.... i didn't believe her.... but as always, she was right! Baby number 3 is no longer a topic of discussion. We may discuss it again in a year or so, but right now, were content with the 2 that we have.... and honestly, once they are both potty trained, i don't know how bad i'll want to start ALL OVER....

I have FINALLY decided that I'd like to have a career... Im going back to school for nursing. Ultimately, I want to be a labor and deliver nurse, but ANY kind of nurse is perfectly fine with me. Im excited about that new venture in life too. Things are just all around great, tho i can't say that Im surprised.... we serve an AWESOME God!

Jamie is still attached to the ship, which just recently got moved to Bremerton, so were doing the lovely commute everyday. this is the first week we've had to do it and Im already ready for it to be over... Getting up at 4:30 in the morning and having to pick him up 13 hours later isn't my idea of a great schedule. We will endure it for the duration of our time here.... this is when i wish he had his motorcycle :)

On our agenda today:

Empty and reload the dishwasher
Wash the boys bedding
Wash all our towels
Reorganize and Clean the playroom
Vacuum
Mop
Clean the sliding glass door
Shower
All the while keeping my sanity with the boys following me around asking if they can help!

Our Menu:

Oatmeal and Applesauce for breakfast
Egg salad sandwiches for lunch
Taco's for dinner :) the boys are super excited about taco night!!

No comments: