Friday, August 22, 2008

1:34pm....

1:34 pm. This is the time that my day seems to start going down hill everyday. This afternoon things seemed to be going really well. We had a great morning, my boys were up early, ate a good breakfast, got dressed well, were getting along well... Eli even killed a fly for me this morning!
Mom asked me if we wanted to come over for a barbeque, so i was heading out to run a couple of errands before heading to moms. I get to the end of my road, make a right turn and catch my back tire on the curb.... Now, mind you, i've done this a handful of times and each time i think, oh man, my tire just blew... this time, i didn't think much of it, till i heard the his... yes, windows down, music on driving on the road i could hear the hiss of the air coming out of my tire. In a matter of minutes it would be flat... SO i called mom and said do i dare drive over there or should i stay here... she said come over- they only live 3 minutes away- and your daddy will take it off for ya. So i go over there, no problems at all.
Then my day again gets better. Mom tells me i can go get Keenan from school. IN HER CAR. now, remember, my mom has a 2007 cherry red mustang convertible. While its not the fastest car out there, it is BEAUTIFUL! and boy was that fun to drive! I decided after driving it that i am now done having babies, i'll get a car instead :) okay, maybe im not THAT in love with the car, but it was still lots of fun none the less. Dad gets home, and says oh yeah, that just needs a patch job, only 25 bucks. SWEET! So dad tells me how to change a tire, and we put the spare on, then i go down to drop off my tire.... an hour later i found out that there is a hole in the side wall and i need a new tire! UGH! I am so NOT happy about this. Fortunately, they were pretty fast, i didn't have to have the ghetto donut on for more than a couple of hours. I keep telling myself, just be thankful that we HAD the money to get it fixed! I just feel like such an idiot because i should be used to these HUGE curbs that colorado feels the need to put everywhere.
The barbeque on the other hand was FANTASTIC! Daddy grilled some Baja Chipotle Chicken. i made a pasta salad, and some green beans. YUMMO! both the boys LOVED it! Yet another way they are like their daddy, they love spicy stuff!
After that eventful day i feel like i need a bath and a glass of wine, neither will i have tonight. The boys are out of their bath, Ayden is in his bed, i think sleeping. He was asleep when i put him down, but then he woke up and cried, so i made him a cup, and gave it to him. Course, he didn't want to have anything to do with that, but he's quiet again. Eli is sitting on the floor watching a veggie tale and drinking his milk. Not to long before today's crazy ride will be over, and the calm before the storm will be here again.

No comments: