Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hospitals, Hospitals, Hospitals!

WHEW! What a day we had! I had scheduled an appointment to meet with a birth control councelor to start some birth control before Jamie comes home. So my appointment was at 9:30 this morning. Nothing big, just got some counseling, was told that I wasn't having a period because im pregnant- did you know that you can get pregnant with out actually having your husband home to MAKE you that way?? Needless to say, she didn't believe that i haven't had a period since march of 2005, and said that if im not having a cyle now its because im pregnant. So she ordered me to take a pregnancy test. Hey good news guys- IM NOT PREGNANT!!! which of course, we all already knew but apparently i look like the type to cheat on my husband so i had to PROVE it to the nurse practioner... That erked me a little. So i sat around for like 30 minutes waiting on the stupid results from my pregnancy test, then another 20 minutes to get my RX from the pharmacy. Well, we got it finally, i was on my way...

I get back to my moms house, change Eli's diaper and his poor little butt is bleeding. He has had some issues for the last 4 days, and it caused a rash, but last night it started to bleed. I thought if i put neosporin on him, it would heal it right up. I was wrong. So after calming Eli down, and having his clean diaper on him, i called the doctor to see if i could have him seen today. The pediatrics had no openings today, but acute care did, so we went ahead and took him in there. The doctor said that it was a good thing I brought him today. He thought yesterday they probably would have said yeah, its a diaper rash, put some desitin on it, and keep him dry. And if i'd waited till tomorrow, he probably would have been blistering, so today was the best timing we could have had. Doctor gave us some hydrocortozone cream and said to keep using powder to keep him really dry. He hasn't complained about it at all tonight! I know the cream was suppose to numb him but MAN that stuff works!!!! Hopefully tonight he'll actually get a full nights rest! Poor baby certainly needs it!

No comments: